Jeff's parents, my parents and Jeff and I met in Chicago for the 4th of July. We had a wonderful trip! The first morning in Chicago, we did an architectural boat tour of Chicago. That afternoon, we split up. Marcia and Jeff went to the beach and had lunch near the hotel (the Talbott Hotel). Mom, Dad, Dave and I went to Taste of Chicago and then Dad and Dave went to the Field Museum while Mom and I went to the Art Museum. That evening, we had dinner at the historic Gibson's Steakhouse on Rush Street. The next day, Mom, Marcia and I did a bus tour of Chicago while Dave, Jeff and Dad did the Frank Lloyd Wright tour. On the bus tour, we got to see the Lincoln Park Zoo and Conservatory, which is just beautiful, and the guys enjoyed checking out some of Frank Lloyd Wright's homes, which resemble oriental designs. That evening, we had dinner outside at Tavern on Rush, which was a treat to watch both exotic cars drive by and people and dogs walking by. We had a great time in Chicago and look forward to going back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment